Grasshopper is a virtual phone system that offers a variety of features to help small businesses and entrepreneurs improve their communication and customer service. With Grasshopper, you can get a dedicated phone number, voicemail, call forwarding, and more without installing hardware or software.
In this review, I’ll take a closer look at Grasshopper and its features, discussing the pros and cons of the service and providing you with my overall opinion on whether or not it is a good option for your small business.
Table of Contents
Grasshopper is a virtual phone system that offers a variety of features to help small businesses and entrepreneurs improve their communication and customer service.
Grasshopper: Key Features
- Dedicated phone number: Grasshopper gives you a dedicated phone number that you can use for your business. This number can be used for both inbound and outbound calls.
- Voicemail: Grasshopper provides voicemail with a custom greeting and the ability to transcribe voicemail messages to text. This allows you to stay on top of your messages, even when you’re not able to answer the phone.
- Call forwarding: Grasshopper allows you to forward calls to any phone number, including your cell phone, home phone, or another Grasshopper number. This is a great way to make sure that you never miss a call, no matter where you are.
- Call queues: Grasshopper can hold calls in a queue until you are available to answer them. This is a great way to manage multiple calls and to ensure that your callers are not left on hold for too long.
- Call recording: Grasshopper records all calls, so you can listen to them later. This is a great way to review calls for training purposes or to gather feedback from customers.
- Call analytics: Grasshopper provides call analytics so you can track how many calls you receive, how long they last, and where they come from. This information can be used to improve your communication and customer service strategies.
Grasshopper also offers a variety of integrations with other popular business apps, such as Salesforce, Google Calendar, and Zapier. This allows you to automate your business processes and save time.
This is a great option for small businesses and entrepreneurs who want to improve their communication and customer service. It is easy to use and affordable, and it offers a variety of features that can help you grow your business.
Why Speed Matters?
Let’s be honest here. You have five minutes to contact your leads. It’s called “The Golden Window,” and I’m going to explain why Grasshopper helps you to get these leads within that five minutes.
So I’m gonna explain how Grasshopper can help you get inside that golden window, that first five minutes when a lead reaches out to your business or contacts your business, and how it’s gonna help you close that lead quicker.
Benefits of Using Grasshopper
- Increased productivity: Grasshopper can help you save time by automating your business processes and providing call analytics.
- Improved customer service: Grasshopper can help you provide better customer service by allowing you to forward calls to different numbers, record calls, and send automated text messages.
- Professional image: Grasshopper can help you project a professional image by providing you with a dedicated phone number and voicemail system.
- Affordability: Grasshopper is an affordable option for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
If you are looking for a virtual phone system that can help you improve your communication and customer service, then Grasshopper is a great option.
Is Grasshopper Hard To Learn?
Grasshopper is very easy to learn. The user interface is simple and intuitive, and there are plenty of resources available to help you get started.
If you are new to Grasshopper, you can start by watching the tutorial videos on the Grasshopper website. These videos will walk you through the process of setting up your account and using the features of Grasshopper.
You can also find plenty of resources online to help you learn more about Grasshopper. There are blogs, articles, and even forums where you can ask questions and get help from other Grasshopper users.
In the video below, I’m teaching you all the things you need to learn about Grasshopper, including:
- Sign up for Grasshopper Free Trial
- Pick your Phone Number
- Account Setup
- Changing Grasshopper Settings Using Your Phone
How Does Grasshopper Work With Phones?
Grasshopper works with phones by allowing you to forward calls to your Grasshopper number. When someone calls your Grasshopper number, you can answer the call on your computer, cell phone, or home phone. You can also use Grasshopper to send and receive text messages.
To use Grasshopper with your phone, you will need to create a Grasshopper account and purchase a plan. Once you have done this, you will be able to forward your calls to your Grasshopper number. You can do this by adding your Grasshopper number to your voicemail settings or by using the Grasshopper app.
Once you have forwarded your calls to your Grasshopper number, you can answer them on any device that is connected to the internet. You can also use Grasshopper to send and receive text messages. To do this, you will need to download the Grasshopper app and sign in with your account information.
Grasshopper offers a variety of pricing plans to fit your needs. The basic plan starts at $19 per month and includes unlimited calling and texting to the United States and Canada. You can also add features such as call forwarding, call queues, and call recording for an additional fee.
Here is a comparison of Grasshopper’s pricing plans:
|BASIC||$19/month||Unlimited calling and texting to the United States and Canada.|
|PRO||$29/month||All features of the Basic plan plus call forwarding, call queues, and call recording.|
|ENTERPRISE||$49/month||All features of the Pro plan plus unlimited extensions, call analytics, and integrations with other business apps.|
Recommendations When Choosing Grasshopper
If you are looking for a virtual phone system that is easy to use, affordable and offers a variety of features, then Grasshopper is a great option. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing Grasshopper for your business:
- Consider your needs: What features are important to you? Do you need unlimited calling and texting? Do you need call forwarding or call queues?
- Compare prices: Grasshopper offers a variety of pricing plans to fit your needs. Compare the plans to see which one is the best fit for your business.
- Consider your team size: If you have a small team, the Basic plan may be sufficient. However, if you have a larger team, you may want to consider the Pro or Enterprise plan.
- Think about your future growth: If you plan on growing your business in the future, you may want to choose a plan that will allow you to add more features and extensions as needed.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection: Grasshopper uses the internet to make and receive calls, so you will need to have a good internet connection in order to use the service.
Pros and Cons
Grasshopper has some pros and cons that small businesses should consider before signing up for the service. Here’s the comparison:
|Affordable: Grasshopper is an affordable option for small businesses. Plans start at just $19 per month.||No mobile app: Grasshopper does not have a mobile app, which can be inconvenient for small businesses that need to access their voicemail or call-forwarding features on the go.|
|Easy to use: Grasshopper is easy to use, even for small businesses with limited IT resources.||No mobile app: Grasshopper does not have a mobile app, which can be inconvenient for small businesses that need to access their voicemail or call forwarding features on the go.|
|Feature-rich: Grasshopper offers a variety of features that can help small businesses improve their communication and customer service.||No toll-free numbers: Grasshopper does not offer toll-free numbers, which can be a drawback for small businesses that need to reach a wider audience.|
Overall, I believe that Grasshopper is a good option for small businesses that are looking for an affordable and easy-to-use virtual phone system. The service offers a variety of features that can help small businesses improve their communication and customer service, and it is easy to get started. However, small businesses should be aware of the limitations of Grasshopper, such as the lack of mobile apps and toll-free numbers.
If you are a small business owner who is looking for a virtual phone system, I recommend that you consider Grasshopper. The service offers a variety of features that can help you improve your communication and customer service, and it is easy to get started.
Where Do I Even Begin with Starting a Business?
This depends on where you’re at in your journey.
Step 1 is deciding what type of business you want to start.
Step 2 is filling out the BizBuddy Pathway for your business.
Step 3 is legally forming your business.
Check out the FAQs below that match up with where you’re at in your process.
What Type of Business Should I Start?
If you’re unsure of what kind of business you want to start, you need to assess your situation. Things like your skills, available time, passion(s), money, and risk tolerance all factor into your decision. This post on What Business to Start is a great place to assess your situation and find the right fit for your unique situation.
What is the BizBuddy Pathway?
Research says that 92% of people with a business idea will never start a business. There are no shortages of ideas… execution is the scarce resource. The BizBuddy Pathway is a simplified approach for you to lay out your business journey.
Think of it like writing a book. The Pathway is like coming up with the title, storyline, and chapters, so you have the outline of where to begin. This is how you become the 8%.
How Do I Legally Form a Business?
It’s not as difficult as you think. That’s because in the U.S. small businesses accounted for 62% of all new jobs created between 1995 and 2020. That’s why you hear people say small business is the backbone of the economy. Check out this Guide on How to Legally Form a Business (in the U.S.). It will give you a full understanding of what goes into forming your legal entity and the options available to you. If you’re unfamiliar with terms like “Piercing the Corporate Veil” you’ll want to check out that guide.
How Do I Grow My Business?
Congrats. You’re already in the game and looking to grow. BizBuddy was founded by Eric Worral who started his first business at 13 years old (sealing driveways). That was well over 20 years ago when he had to figure out how to get new customers. No matter what business you’re in you need paying customers. This is a Guide on How to Get More Customers for Your Business. It’s a comprehensive overview of how to think about your category of business and the marketing strategies to implement. Onward and Upward!